Friday, September 13, 2013

Reading and homework

For the next class please read sections 1.3, 1.4 & 1.5. You may also enjoy reading 1.6 & 1.7 but these won't be covered in the subject.

As I mentioned in the classroom, please let me know those topics we want me to elaborate a bit futher in next Friday's lecture, where we will focus on the core network: what's inside the "cloud" of my drawing and how it works.

I failed to mention in the classroom, but I would like you to respond to the following questions in written form. Please hand it over tom me in the next class:
  1. What is the difference between a host and an end system? List the types of end systems. Is a Web server an end system?
  2. What is a client program? What is a server program? Does a server program request and receive services from a client program?
  3. Dial-up modems, HFC, DSL and FTTH are all used for residential access. For each of these access technologies, provide a range of transmission rates and comment on whether the transmission rate is shared or dedicated.
Don't forget to write down your name too. Feel free to use the Internet to answer any of these questions but try to provide your own answer instead of just pasting someone else's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment